Tuesday, November 15, 2011

DJ



On Saturday the 29th of October i got the oppertunity to DJ for a freinds Halloween party. I enjoyed it alot as music is a passion of mine and also i got paid for it which made me feel like i had accomplished something good. Hopefully next party I will have that same oppertunity. when someone asks me to play sometimes I undertake new challenges for example the host of the party likes rap and hip-hop and they asked me to mix alot of that, this was a new challenge to me as I had never really mixed with rap and hip-hop as i mostly mix with techno, electro, and dubstep. This also means that i develop new skills as im practising and creating serlists for parties. Once i finish playing i am able to see myself as an individual with various skills and abilities because when i listen to the mixes i make as i go along, i hear some of them that i really like because they flow well and are smooth. When i reflect upon my mixes it increases my awareness of my own strengths and areas for growth as i look back and see what i did well and what i could change, i also record the mix and take it around to my freinds house and show them and they give me feedback because they might notice soemthing that i didnt or have a different opinion to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment